Following my recent review of the Heathrow Rewards loyalty scheme, I wanted to take a look at what’s on offer at its closest competitor – Gatwick Airport. Launched in 2017, MyGatwick isn’t a loyalty scheme like its Heathrow equivalent but rather a discounts and deals website.
By signing up to the MyGatwick programme you’re guaranteed the following benefits:
- Exclusive food & restaurant vouchers
- Exclusive shopping vouchers
- 10% off No1 and Aspire lounges
- At least 10% off Official Gatwick Parking
- Up to 20% off Premium Security and Premium Passport Control
Not surprisingly one of the most popular of the above is the MyGatwick parking discount code. The MyGatwick discount codes are apparently ‘tailored’ to each and every traveller. As such when you log into your MyGatwick account you’ll be asked to enter your flight details as seen below:
What I’m offered by MyGatwick
I’m due to fly to Malaga from Gatwick in a couple of weeks so let’s take a look at the ‘tailored’ benefits I’ll be receiving…
- 10% off Official Gatwick Parking
- 20% off Gatwick Premium Security
- 20% off Gatwick Premium Passport Control
- Protect your luggage with a free tag from ReboundTAG
- 20% off airport transfers at your destination with HolidayTaxis
- 3 free chicken wings at Nando’s (need to spend a minimum of £7)
- Buy any hot drink and get a pastry for £1 at Joe’s Coffee House (before security)
- Joe’s coffee or fresh orange juice for £1 (before security)
- Buy soup for £1 when you buy any baguette at Joe’s Coffee House (before security)
- Any 2 “Simply Morning” Breakfasts for £17 (before security)
- Kids eat free at Wondertree
- 15% off your total food bill at Wondertree
- £1 hot drink with any Wondertree bakery item
- 50% off a dessert with any main meal at Wondertree
- Free gift at the BOSS Store (minimum spend £200!)
- Free luggage tag at Lacoste’s new store
- 50p off a standard meal deal at WHSmith
- £5 off when you spend £20 or more on Books
- Save £10 off £150 at World Duty Free
- £20 off at Sunglass Hut
- Ray-Ban Juniors only £25, over 30% off!
- Up to 10% off airport lounges
- Free lounge access and other offers at Regus (South Terminal)
- Over 35% off a Standard Cabin at YOTELAIR
- 10% off with Gatwick Parking’s Rent & Earn
My top three favourites from the above would be as follows:
Free Lacoste Bag Tag – Looks cheap but let’s face it there’s nothing better than something which is completely free!
Free Regus Business Lounge Access – Whilst I’ve never used this lounge I’ve heard OK things. It’s before security and is relatively unknown. As such it’s extremely quiet! I’ll pop my head in next weekend, so keep an eye out for a review shortly….
10% MyGatwick Parking Discount Code – Following a little research I was amazed to find out that in 2016 (most recent data available) 14.4m passengers used the parking facilities at Gatwick Airport. This is 38.3% of all non-transfer passengers! I suspect very few used the MyGatwick discount code but if they had it would have saved customers a significant sum of money.
How do I redeem MyGatwick vouchers?
This is actually simpler than you may imagine. If booking the 10% MyGatwick airport parking discount just head to the MyGatwick deal page. Click on the Official Gatwick Parking offer and then select ‘take me there’. Your 10% discount will automatically be added…
Alternatively if you’d prefer to use the Regus Lounge or perhaps collect a free luggage tag from Lacoste, start by selecting the various vouchers you’d like to redeem. You’ll then be given the options to receive the MyGatwick airport vouchers as an email, add to Apple Wallet or alternatively print as a PDF.
Let’s wrap this MyGatwick review up!
As the founder of a website focused on saving travellers money, and whilst MyGatwick isn’t the traditional points-based loyalty scheme we tend to cover, I’d be mad to suggest that signing up wasn’t a good idea…
Some perks are better than others but free lounge access (before going through security), discounts and other completely free products get a thumbs-up from me!